Posted: 06.06.19 at 13:02 by The Editor
The Five Mile Lane Improvements Project aims to improve safety along the existing A4226 (Five Mile Lane) road between the A48, Sycamore Cross junction to the Weycock Cross in Barry. Traffic will be diverted through Dyffryn via St Nicholas.
The existing road is a single carriageway road. The scheme involves a combination of improvements including:
• Construction of a new road that bypasses the winding central section of the existing road.
• Improved access and safety for non-motorised users in the form of a bridge and combined footway and cycleway.
• Works to improve the drainage for the existing carriageway.
• Introduction of 60mph speed limit from Sycamore Cross to the Welsh Hawking Centre.
• Safe crossing for equestrian users.
The existing road will remain open after the scheme is completed to provide local access to various farms along its length and as a safer route option for non-motorised users. The only vehicular access to and from this road will be from the three proposed junctions linking to the new road. All other footpaths and street lighting along the existing Five Mile Lane will remain unchanged.
Weekend Road Closures – Amelia Trust Farm to Sycamore Cross:
• Friday 07 June, 7.30pm - Monday 10 June, 7.00am
• Friday 14 June, 7.30pm - Monday 17 June, 7.00am
• Friday 21 June, 7.30pm - Monday 24 June, 7.00am
• Friday 28 June, 7.30pm - Monday 01 July, 7.00am
• Friday 05 July, 7.30pm - Monday 08 July, 7.00am
• Friday 12 July, 7.30pm - Monday 15 July, 7.00am
• Friday 19 July, 7.30pm - Monday 22 July, 7.00am